MOR-EV Standard Light-Duty Vehicles
As of August 8, 2023, the MOR-EV Standard Rebate of $3,500 for purchases or leases of eligible new light-duty electric vehicles (EVs) and fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) is offered through participating dealerships in the Commonwealth at the point of sale or at the time of lease. Alternatively, applicants can still apply for a rebate online within 90 days of the purchase or lease of an eligible vehicle.
MOR-EV Used Vehicles
As of August 8, 2023, a rebate of $3,500 for the purchase of eligible used light-duty electric vehicles (EVs) and fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) is available for Massachusetts residents that:
- Participate in one of the approved income-qualifying programs.
- Have a maximum modified adjusted gross income (AGI) as follows:
- $150,000 for married filing jointly or a surviving spouse
- $112,500 for heads of households
- $75,000 for all other filers
Eligible used EVs must have a final purchase price of $40,000 or less. Eligible residents can apply for the used vehicle rebate post purchase or apply for a prequalification voucher and receive the rebate at the point of sale through a participating dealership. For more information, please review Application for MOR-EV Used.
Eligible residents that have purchased a qualifying used light-duty electric vehicle (EV) or fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCEV) between November 10, 2022, and August 8, 2023 must submit an application for the post purchase rebate no later than November 6, 2023.
As of August 8, 2023, an additional rebate of $1,500 is available to income-qualifying Massachusetts residents participating in one of the following approved programs:
- Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT)
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Child Care Financial Assistance (CCFA)
- Mass Save Income Eligible Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program (MRVP)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance PROGRAM (LIHEAP)
- Massachusetts Health Connector
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- State Supplement Program
- Mass Health
- Massachusetts Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC)
- Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program (LIWAP)
- Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled, and Children (EAEDC)
- Section A8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
- Women, Infants, and Children Program Nutrition Program (WIC)
- Veterans Programs (Chapter 115 Benefits)
- Veterans Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Surviving Parent
- Veterans Affairs Non-Service-Connected Pension (VANSCP)
The MOR-EV+ rebate is available to eligible residents in addition to the MOR-EV Standard rebate, MOR-EV Used rebate, or MOR-EV Trucks rebate. Those who wish to apply the MOR-EV+ rebate alongside their new or used vehicle rebate at the time of sale or lease can request a prequalification voucher to be redeemed at a participating dealership. For more information, please review Application for MOR-EV+.
Eligible residents that have purchased or leased a qualifying new or used light-duty electric vehicle (EV) and fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCEV) between November 10, 2022, and August 8, 2023 must submit an application for the post purchase rebate no later than November 6, 2023.
Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles (PHEVs)
As signaled previously, the MOR-EV program has phased out rebates for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) in order to comply with the ending of certain statutory authorizations (under St. 2022, c. 126, § 123 and the changes to the program under G.L. c. 25A, § 19). Consumers and private and nonprofit fleets can apply for a $1,500 rebate for eligible PHEVs (those with an all-electric range of at least 25 miles and a final sales price of $50,000 or less) that are purchased or leased through June 30, 2023. As of July 1, 2023, the MOR-EV program only accepts applications for purchases or leases of PHEVs that took place on or before June 30, 2023. Applicants will have 90 days from their purchase or lease date to submit their application on https://apply.mor-ev.org/. No further rebate applications for PHEVs purchased prior to June 30, 2023 will be accepted after September 28, 2023.